Saturday, July 07, 2012

Mission: Guatemala

Hi Everybody,
Things have been busy around our home the last few months and our blog has taken a backseat.  I apologize for not updating or keeping in touch.  I promise to update as soon as I can and post pictures of happenings for the last few months.  Today I wanted to post about something important in our house and this seemed a great way to do it!

Rachel and I are going on a mission trip.  We are leaving at the end of this week.  Rachel worked long hours volunteering at our church garage sale for 3 days to earn money toward the trip for the entire team with which we are travelling.  She also has done odd jobs and babysitting to put funds toward her part of the trip.  Lastly, she wrote a support letter to ask for ministry support through prayer and funding is people felt moved to give.  I, Kathy, Mom, dropped the ball on getting that letter out.  Things have been very busy with Grandpa, Daddy's job and surgeries so it just got pushed to the back burner.

Thank you to those who have already given toward her trip.  We've received 3 donations already.  Many people have asked about donations and we definitely would appreciate any help in funding her trip.  It is NOT too late to give!  Below I have included her letter.  If you feel like you would like to give, please message me about it.  She still has a balance of $700 to pay by Friday for the trip.  I will say thank you in advance and God Bless you for considering praying for this mission trip or giving if you feel moved to.

Thank you!  Kathy
*****************************
Dear friends and family,
This coming July, I will be joining Canadian Valley Baptist Church on a mission trip to Guatemala. We partner with a ministry called Clubhouse Guatemala. Clubhouse Guatemala has several ministries that are ongoing including:
·       VBS in local schools and churches as well as a Women's Bible Study
·       A shoe ministry
·       Backpack/school supply ministry
·       Self-sufficiency ministry through providing chicken coop/baby chicks, and stoves
·       Operating feeding centers
·       And a new addition of a camp site for kids
The trip is funded entirely through donations and by personal funds of those going on the mission trip. Fund-raisers are being held by those going on the trip. My trip is July 13 to July 21.  In order to make the necessary preparations I need to raise $1250 by May 1st. (*Now July 13th since Mom didn't get the letter our...signed, Mom)  I would greatly appreciate your consideration of supporting me on this mission trip.
I believe this opportunity will be a real blessing to the people in Guatemala. I expect to be stretched in my own faith, relationship with Christ, and ability to share the Gospel. I will also grow spiritually as I learn to approach strangers who do not speak my language to share the Gospel. These opportunities are going to allow for me to minister in Guatemala but also equip me better to minister at home.
           I am excited about the opportunity to serve and to minister, and I ask you to join me in ministry. I am seeking your support and prayers for this mission trip.
I have included my address below (*Email or comment if you need the address), should you give. You can mail a check to myself (*Made out to Rachel, since we are so close to departure, it would be easiest*). Just be sure to write "Guatemala" on the memo line.
Even if you choose not to support me in funding, I do hope that you will continue to support me in the best support possible: prayer.
 In His Name,
Rachel
"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen." Matthew 28:19-20

1 comment:

Always an Adventure said...

If you go again, please let us know. We would like to sponsor you in the future. I can't wait to hear about your experience! God bless!!!

Followers

Blog History - Previous Posts

Subjects

Others we like to read...

Swagbucks

Do you Swagbucks? We've earned over $120 in Amazon gift cards in just under a year! Follow this link to get started and get 30 free Swagbucks!! Search & Win We've downloaded their "toolbar" and use it for searching. We search our email account, blog, and facebook and rack up the swagbucks. Then, we can trade those bucks in for Amazon gift cards!

Wild Olive

Wild Olive
Ni Hao Yall

147

Little Friends

Little Friends

Ticonderoga

We are Ticonderoga Pencil SNOBS! :)

Amazon

I review for BookSneeze®

Feedjit