Thursday, June 16, 2011

Heeby Jeebies

What do you do when you find a snake up against your house?  You poke it with a stick, of course!  And, in my case, you take lots of pictures.  Oh, the JOYS of living in the country!

We found a rat snake by the water faucet yesterday and the boys tried to catch it, but were unsuccessful.  My friend Landee confirmed it's a rat snake, which is a little of a relief.  My dear sweet fella tells me that it's good to have around.  That it will keep rats and things away.

I told him that while that was great, he failed to realize it would not keep SNAKES away from our house!  And right about now, I'm wondering what on Earth I was thinking posting this right before bedtime. Gonna check under my covers before I crawl in!

"Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you."
Luke 10:19

1 comment:

Always an Adventure said...

We were at Harbour Village when Cam was almost 2. It's an outdoor museum (really cool!) and JC, Bren & I were intently reading or looking at something when little Cam starts saying "nake", "nake" about 3 yards away from us. Sure enough, just another yard from him was a "nake". I think it was a rat snake as well. Ew!!!

Followers

Blog History - Previous Posts

Subjects

Others we like to read...

Swagbucks

Do you Swagbucks? We've earned over $120 in Amazon gift cards in just under a year! Follow this link to get started and get 30 free Swagbucks!! Search & Win We've downloaded their "toolbar" and use it for searching. We search our email account, blog, and facebook and rack up the swagbucks. Then, we can trade those bucks in for Amazon gift cards!

Wild Olive

Wild Olive
Ni Hao Yall

147

Little Friends

Little Friends

Ticonderoga

We are Ticonderoga Pencil SNOBS! :)

Amazon

I review for BookSneeze®

Feedjit